    SELECT FieldA, FieldB FROM MyTable?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Jun 22, 2008

  2. John

    Munna Guest

    On Jun 22, 8:24 am, "John" <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a DetailsView that is bound to a sql server. Problem is when I press
    > the auto generated Edit button make some change and press the Update link I
    > get the below error;
    >
    > Updating is not supported by data source 'mysqlserver' unless UpdateCommand
    > is specified.
    >
    > What is the UpdatCommand that I need to specify if my Select command is
    > SELECT FieldA, FieldB FROM MyTable?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Regards

    Hi

    follow this thread

    http://forums.asp.net/p/1013611/1397014.aspx

    Best of luck

    Munna
    www.munna.shatkotha.com
    www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
    www.shatkotha.com

    Munna, Jun 22, 2008

  3. John

    John Guest

    I have included the primary key in SELECT and it now works fine. The only
    problem is that ID (PK) also display in DetailsView. If I make it invisible,
    the update stops working? Is there a way to hide the Primary Key while
    keeping it working?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Jun 22, 2008