DetailsView/ObjectDataSource not auto populating all Original_ parameters.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by davidjgonzalez@gmail.com, Apr 9, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am using a DataSet to interface with my Sql Server 2005 DB.
    I have an Item table which looks like:

    PK itemId int
    name text
    desc text

    When I look at the Update function that is auto generated by the
    ItemDataSet/ItemTableAdapater
    i see that it references Original_itemId, Original_name and
    Original_desc in the Update SQL statement. (Update ... Where itemId =
    @Original_itemId AND name = @Original_name ... )

    I created a DetailsView in my website and hooked it up to the
    ItemTableAdapter. I am able to select everything just fine, however
    when I try to update, only Original_itemId is populated correctly -
    Original_name and Original_desc are both null!
    I am guessing this is has something to do with the
    ObjectDataSource/DetailsView recognizing that the Original_itemId
    references a PrimaryKey and Original_name and Original_desc are just
    data fields.

    Any ideas how to fix it so all my Original_ fields are auto populated?
    Also, all Original fields show up in the aspx source in the
    <UpdateParameters> section.

    Thanks
    , Apr 9, 2006