Detailsview or Gridview update event not firing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Marcus, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. Marcus

    Marcus Guest

    Hi,

    I'm currently on my first asp.net 2.0 project so i'm sorry if some or
    all of my questions are simple/basic.

    I'm having trouble using the Detailsview control, I can display the
    information within the default boundfields and include a edit, delete
    buttons which botth work fine. But i'm trying to validate the users
    input so change some of the boundfields to templatefields and included
    validation controls.

    But, now the update event doesn't seems to fire and clicking it doesn't
    change anything.

    Please help i've been stuck on this for ages, I can find any examples
    which use an vb code and validation on a detailsview control.

    Marcus

    Marcus, Jun 20, 2006