DetailsView Problem

Maury

Hello,
I have a little problem with a DetailsView:
I bound it to a datasource and I enabled
the capability of adding new records,
and everything goes right if I there is
one or more records into my DataSource.

But if the recordset is empty
the "new" button doesn't render,
is it right?

How can I avoid this (I have to add new
records even if the recordset is empty)

Thanks!
M.A.

S. Justin Gengo

Maury,

I would check if you have an empty recordset and in that case manually show
the new button. Or you may want to try setting the default value of the
details view. Otherwise I think that with nothing being passed to it from a
gridview it just won't appear at all.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo
Web Developer / Programmer

Free code library:
http://www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Maury

S. Justin Gengo <justin ha scritto:
Otherwise I think that with nothing being passed to it from a
gridview it just won't appear at all.

Yes, this is the problem, but I think that this isn't a good thing...
A better rendering should be having a properties like
'ShowAddNewEvenIfDataSourceIsEmpty'

:-|

Thanks
Maury