Detect active url then autonavigate to subdir

Hans Hasenack

This is the problem:
I've got a home dir home.provider.nl/username

and two registered domains www.firsturl.nl and www.nexturl.nl
These are both pointing to the same home directory

How can I (automatically) switch to another page based upon the url used for
navigating to my home directory.

some Restrictions
* must be javascript or DHTML.
* cannot be ASP
* I cannot change the registerd domains to use a sub directory of my home
dir, only the 'root' of my home dir

TIA

Hans

Res

kaeli

This is the problem:
I've got a home dir home.provider.nl/username

and two registered domains www.firsturl.nl and www.nexturl.nl
These are both pointing to the same home directory

How can I (automatically) switch to another page based upon the url used for
navigating to my home directory.

some Restrictions
* must be javascript or DHTML.

Why?
This is best (easiest, simplist, and doesn't require anything from the
client) done via server redirects. Anything else might not work on some
browsers.
Do you have Apache .htaccess available? If you don't know, ask your host
or provide your host URL. Even a php script is preferable to a client-
side script for something this integral to site functioning.

If you insist on client-side, look at meta refresh tags, but be aware
they are blockable/disabled on some browsers, including IE6.

Shawn Milo

Hans Hasenack said:
This is the problem:
I've got a home dir home.provider.nl/username

and two registered domains www.firsturl.nl and www.nexturl.nl
These are both pointing to the same home directory

How can I (automatically) switch to another page based upon the url used for
navigating to my home directory.

some Restrictions
* must be javascript or DHTML.
* cannot be ASP
* I cannot change the registerd domains to use a sub directory of my home
dir, only the 'root' of my home dir

TIA

Hans

Res

Try this:

//make window.location into a string
var currentURL = '' + window.location;

if (currentURL.match('firsturl')){
window.location = 'http://www.google.com';
}else{
window.location = 'http://www.yahoo.com';
}

This works for me in IE6 and Mozilla Firefox.

Shawn