    Does anybody know a script that will do this for all browsers?
    Thanks

    David

    DBLWizard, Jan 11, 2005

  2. DBLWizard

    Grant Wagner Guest

    "DBLWizard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to find code that will detect if a browser as the Adobe or
    > any PDF plugin. I am writing a subscription only site that needs
    > access to view "pages" in a book that could have as many as 3000 pages
    > in it. To do this I am using 2 frames one that contains controls to

    be
    > able to navigate between pages and the other to display the "streamed"
    > pdf file.
    >
    > Does anybody know a script that will do this for all browsers?
    > Thanks

    A Google search of <url:
    http://www.google.ca/search?q=javascript acrobat reader plugin detect />
    found a number of things.

    The first couple seem particularly promising. I'm not endorsing the
    scripts you find, nor is it likely you'll find a script that does it for
    "all browsers" since a number of browsers don't support plug-ins at all,
    and some that do don't support JavaScript, or JavaScript could be
    disabled, resulting in your inability to dynamically detect anything.

    --
    Grant Wagner <>

    Grant Wagner, Jan 12, 2005