Detect Client-side Keyboard Layout

Joris van Lier

Is it possible to detect the client-side keyboard layout of an ASP.NET web
client?
I'm working on an application where users with differing locales are
providing numeric input with decimal separators.

In order to interpret decimal separators I'm relying on the HTTP Header
"Accept-Language" whose values are exposed by HttpWebRequest.UserLanguages.

Preliminary testing revealed that the decimal separator produced by using
the numpad [./del] varies with the keyboard layout chosen by the client, NOT
with the language header sent by the browser.

Is there a (semi-)reliable way to detect the Keyboard layout of the client
in an ASP.NET web application?
(preferably this would not require creating my own browser or Active-X
control to communicate with the OS and transmit the data to the server)

Please suggest other ways of adapting server-side Locale to client-side
input.

Thanks for your help

Joris van Lier