    TIA,

    Leonardo

    , May 6, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > How can I detect the press of CTRL + V in an input of type text?

    IE/Win has
    <input onpaste
    onbeforepaste
    see
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onpaste.asp>
    <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onbeforepaste.asp>

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, May 6, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > How can I detect the press of CTRL + V in an input of type text?

    Why do you want to detect all pressings of this key combination,
    regardless of what it's assigned to do on the user's browser/OS combination?

    It doubt it's possible, but still....

    Stewart.

    the 'group where everyone may benefit.

    Stewart Gordon, May 10, 2005
  4. Stewart Gordon wrote:

    > --
    > My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please
    > keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.

    I like that. However, sometimes private communication is better (as would
    apply for this posting, q.e.d.), so you should include your primary mailbox
    in the Reply-To header. From my now four years of regular Usenet
    experience, it is highly unlikely that spambots will access that header.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, May 15, 2005
  5. JRS: In article <>, dated Sun, 15 May
    2005 18:07:03, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, Thomas 'PointedEars'
    Lahn <> posted :
    >Stewart Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> --
    >> My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please
    >> keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.

    >I like that. However, sometimes private communication is better (as would
    >apply for this posting, q.e.d.), so you should include your primary mailbox
    >in the Reply-To header. From my now four years of regular Usenet
    >experience, it is highly unlikely that spambots will access that header.

    Your experience is limited; your advice misleading; your maturity long-
    awaited; your naivety impressive.

    One does not really care whether spambots will access that header; one
    cares about whether spam will be sent to an address given to the world
    only in Usenet Reply-To headers.

    Usenet Reply-To headers get in News article sets in personal computers
    (however, in Turnpike they are encrypted); if used for replies, or if
    saved as potentially useful, or if otherwise stored, they can be picked
    up by malware and used for sending spam and virus mail. And I can
    assure you that this can happen within a day or two; the French have
    demonstrated this recently.

    One should not present in News any E-address that one wants to use in
    perpetuity - and one should present only addresses that one is entitled
    to present.

    In this 60th anniversary year - indeed, in this anniversary month, would
    it not have been well for you to eschew the attitudes of your presumed
    predecessors?

    --
    © John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v4.00 MIME ©

    Dr John Stockton, May 15, 2005