Detect CTRL + V

leodippolito

Hello,

How can I detect the press of CTRL + V in an input of type text?

TIA,

Leonardo

Stewart Gordon

Hello,

How can I detect the press of CTRL + V in an input of type text?

Why do you want to detect all pressings of this key combination,
regardless of what it's assigned to do on the user's browser/OS combination?

It doubt it's possible, but still....

Stewart.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

I like that. However, sometimes private communication is better (as would
apply for this posting, q.e.d.), so you should include your primary mailbox
in the Reply-To header. From my now four years of regular Usenet
experience, it is highly unlikely that spambots will access that header.

PointedEars

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated Sun, 15 May
2005 18:07:03, seen in Thomas 'PointedEars'
Lahn said:
I like that. However, sometimes private communication is better (as would
apply for this posting, q.e.d.), so you should include your primary mailbox
in the Reply-To header. From my now four years of regular Usenet
experience, it is highly unlikely that spambots will access that header.

Your experience is limited; your advice misleading; your maturity long-
awaited; your naivety impressive.

One does not really care whether spambots will access that header; one
cares about whether spam will be sent to an address given to the world
only in Usenet Reply-To headers.

Usenet Reply-To headers get in News article sets in personal computers
(however, in Turnpike they are encrypted); if used for replies, or if
saved as potentially useful, or if otherwise stored, they can be picked
up by malware and used for sending spam and virus mail. And I can
assure you that this can happen within a day or two; the French have
demonstrated this recently.

One should not present in News any E-address that one wants to use in
perpetuity - and one should present only addresses that one is entitled
to present.

In this 60th anniversary year - indeed, in this anniversary month, would
it not have been well for you to eschew the attitudes of your presumed
predecessors?