Detect if Fonts are installed on web client

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Dec 24, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi all,

    developing a multilingual app in .net and relying on
    the .NET cultures. There is a need to determine
    programmatically whether or not the browser client-side
    supports a particular font, for example "Are asian fonts
    installed? If yes, display simplified chinese as a viable
    option. If not, display install this font message."

    CultureInfo.GetCultures
    (CultureTypes.InstalledWin32Cultures)) refers to the
    server-side, so don't even go there :?).

    I could not find anything on the subject! Merry Xmas
    everyone!

    Yuri Vanzine

    Guest, Dec 24, 2003

    yuri vanzine Guest

    Does anybody know how to detect installed fonts on the web
    client? I still can't find an answer to this. :?(.

    yuri vanzine, Dec 29, 2003