Detect postback from Automatic prompting for file downloads

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ar, May 11, 2006.

  1. ar

    ar Guest

    Hello,

    In IE I disable "Automatic prompting for file downloads" which causes
    the IE information bar to show up when I try to push a file download
    from an iframe. I want to keep this behaviour.

    When clicking "Download file..." on the information bar, a postback
    occurs. I would like to detect this postback. The file that is going to
    be downloaded is generated by a rather heavy export, now the export is
    running twice. Once before the information bar shows up and again when
    "Download file..." has been clicked. Because I can save the export to
    disk I can push it on the postback without having to create it again.
    However... I am not able to detect the reason of the postback !

    Any hints would be appreciated.

    Ar

    ar, May 11, 2006