    history.back()?

    --
    Ed Jay (remove M to respond by email)

    Ed Jay, Jan 2, 2006

  2. No, the only way is afaik using the referer.

    --
    Martin Weitzel - TriggerTG.de Webdesign

    Martin Weitzel, Jan 2, 2006

  3. Martin Weitzel wrote:
    > No, the only way is afaik using the referer.

    If not block by browser or firewall...Norton's Internet Security blocks it.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 2, 2006
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Martin Weitzel"
    <> writing in news:eek::

    > No, the only way is afaik using the referer.

    What are you referring to? In the future, please be sure to quote relavent
    text.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 8, 2006
  5. Ed Jay

    Rob McAninch Guest

    Ed Jay <> wrote in
    <news:> :

    > Is there a method for detecting what page the user came from
    > when a page is accessed using the browser's history

    Where they came from in this scenario is a 'direct entry' and
    should be logged as such. What page that happened to be viewing
    when they decided to use the browser's history is probably not
    relevant.

    > and javascript history.go() or history.back()?

    This should be the referer from their browser, though possibly if
    the page is already cached and the browser is not configured to
    automatically check for updates then it won't be logged at the
    server.

    --
    Rob McAninch
    http://rock13.com