    read and then catch the subsequent exception however is there a way to
    detect the disconnect without doing the read?

    Thanks

    Harvey Tate, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Andrew Thompson, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Harvey Tate

    Harvey Tate Guest

    Andrew Thompson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 9 Nov 2004 06:16:39 -0800, Harvey Tate wrote:
    >
    > > I am writing some code to read data from a socket.

    > You mentioned that barely more than an hour
    > ago, and got a response.

    I think I hit the submit button twice by accident...

    Harvey Tate, Nov 10, 2004
  4. On 10 Nov 2004 01:50:10 -0800, Harvey Tate wrote:

    > Andrew Thompson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> On 9 Nov 2004 06:16:39 -0800, Harvey Tate wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am writing some code to read data from a socket.

    >> You mentioned that barely more than an hour
    >> ago, and got a response.

    > I think I hit the submit button twice by accident...

    I thought so too, in that case I might have made no comment,
    until I realised your posts were not separated by
    'a couple of seconds' which might support the
    'hit button twice' hypothesis.

    No, instead the posts were separated by approximately
    'one hour ten minutes'. This completely does *not* support the
    'hit button twice' hypothesis (or if that's what you consider a
    'double click' - I'd hate see your work output stats!)

    [ Or, in other words. Don't give me that crap. ]

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 10, 2004
  5. Harvey Tate

    Sudsy Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    <snip>
    > No, instead the posts were separated by approximately
    > 'one hour ten minutes'. This completely does *not* support the
    > 'hit button twice' hypothesis (or if that's what you consider a
    > 'double click' - I'd hate see your work output stats!)
    >
    > [ Or, in other words. Don't give me that crap. ]

    So harsh! Then again, a fair observation...
    Note to OP: don't try to hoodwink people who've been "around a bit"
    ("...around a bit...she's from Purley!")

    Sudsy, Nov 10, 2004