Detecting active sessions - Classic ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Si, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. Si

    Si Guest

    Hi there.

    I am developing a shopping cart that writes shopping basket contents to
    a temp DB with a temp reference of the sessionID to identify the 'owner'
    of the basket.

    My question is, when I come to carry out any future updates, what is the
    best way of checking to see if anyone has an active basket. Is it simply
    a case of checking to see if I am the only active session on the server
    then allowing the switch into 'test or update' mode? or seeing if the
    time/date of the latest basket entry is within the 'timeout'?

    Want I want, is to prevent any loss of basket contents or session ID
    data and so cause user frustration and a lost sale.

    Any pointers much appreciated, am I barking up the wrong tree?

    TIA

    Si

    Si, Jan 28, 2005