Detecting DTFM

Dominik Susmel

I'd like to take in a stream of audio from sound card (linein - but that
doesn't matter), and process that stream to detect DTFM tones, and output
accordin numbers - in real-time, ofcourse..
Anyone knows if there is a library for that (open-source or otherwise),
since it's a common issue... or atleast a direction where tolook for
information...I've been googling with not much success, and I have no audio
programming expirience whatsoever (I'm a graphics programmer) :/ Lib should
be Win32 compatible, with preference for Linux also, but goal is for Win32

thanks,

Victor Bazarov

Dominik Susmel said:
I'd like to take in a stream of audio from sound card [...] Lib should
be Win32 compatible, with preference for Linux also, but goal is for Win32

Please ask in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

Lothar Werzinger

Dominik said:
I'd like to take in a stream of audio from sound card (linein - but that
doesn't matter), and process that stream to detect DTFM tones, and output
accordin numbers - in real-time, ofcourse..
Anyone knows if there is a library for that (open-source or otherwise),
since it's a common issue... or atleast a direction where tolook for
information...I've been googling with not much success, and I have no
audio programming expirience whatsoever (I'm a graphics programmer) :/ Lib
should be Win32 compatible, with preference for Linux also, but goal is
for Win32

I suppose you can use one of the free available FFT libraries (e.g.
http://www.fftw.org/)to transform the signal and then the discrete DTNF
tones should be easily detectable.

Lothar