Detecting holidays

Jeremy McAnally

I haven't forgotten! I'm trying to get the architecture right (I was
modifying the Date class directly, but now I made a module), but I'm
having some testing problems (for some reason it's not including the
default Date class first before my extensions...even though I'm
requiring it.

I'm working on it!

--Jeremy

http://www.dti.gov.uk/employment/bank-public-holidays/index.html

This may also be of use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Public_holidays_by_country

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much explanation of the logic
behind them.

--
My free Ruby e-book:

My blogs:
http://www.mrneighborly.com/
http://www.rubyinpractice.com/

Daniel Berger

Jeremy said:
I haven't forgotten! I'm trying to get the architecture right (I was
modifying the Date class directly, but now I made a module), but I'm
having some testing problems (for some reason it's not including the
default Date class first before my extensions...even though I'm
requiring it.

I'm working on it!

I tinkered a bit with the notion of using a module instead of monkey
patching the Date class (or subclassing) but I wasn't satisfied with
the interface. I'll be curious to see what you come up with.

Regards,

Dan