Detecting IDE Devices in C++ ... Need Help

Discussion in 'C++' started by jasper, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. jasper

    jasper Guest

    hi,

    i am trying to make a very simple program that will just detect
    and output your currently connected IDE devices. It will look
    something like this:

    IDE PRIMARY MASTER:
    IDE PRIMARY SLAVE:

    IDE SECONDARY MASTER:
    IDE SECONDARY SLAVE:

    And it will just show you what you have connected.
    I have been researching for hours and hours for how to
    do this and I've come up with NOTHING!

    Is this even possible?

    I know what you're going to say, why do that when you
    can just see the same information in your BIOS when
    your computer boots up. I know I can do that, but
    I want a way to do it in windows.

    Any and all help you can give me (no matter how small), even
    a push in the right direction will be appreciated.

    Thanks for your help.

    -jasper

    jasper, Jan 15, 2004

  2. jasper

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:31:18 GMT, "jasper"
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

    > hi,
    >
    > i am trying to make a very simple program that will just detect
    > and output your currently connected IDE devices. It will look
    > something like this:
    >
    > IDE PRIMARY MASTER:
    > IDE PRIMARY SLAVE:
    >
    > IDE SECONDARY MASTER:
    > IDE SECONDARY SLAVE:
    >
    > And it will just show you what you have connected.
    > I have been researching for hours and hours for how to
    > do this and I've come up with NOTHING!
    >
    > Is this even possible?
    >
    > I know what you're going to say, why do that when you
    > can just see the same information in your BIOS when
    > your computer boots up. I know I can do that, but
    > I want a way to do it in windows.
    >
    > Any and all help you can give me (no matter how small), even
    > a push in the right direction will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > -jasper

    There is no way at all to do this in standard C++, the topic of this
    newsgroup. Try a Windows programming group like

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Jan 15, 2004