detecting non java script questions

the idiot

Andy Dingley said:
It was somewhere outside Barstow when "the idiot"

Okay, killfiled.
ha... what a pompous man you are.. was your humour button removed at birth?

the idiot

Carolyn Marenger said:
And which of my computers is not proper?

- The dual-header AMD Athalon 900MHz that I use as my workstation.
- The AMD Athalon 1.8GHz laptop.
- The celeron 900MHz that I use as a server.
- The AMD K6 350MHz that is my dedicated firewall and caching proxy server.
- The AMD K6 400MHz that is my win98/2K print server, game box and windows
based browser platform for testing my webpages.
its called a joke

Carolyn Marenger

they should get bigger phones hehe.

One of my old portables, was big enough to incorporate a 7" screen, and
when it was used for more than about 10 minutes, it got hot enough to cook
a hot dog on. Just think, talk on the phone, browse the net, and cook
dinner all at the same time. :)

Carolyn

the idiot

Carolyn Marenger said:
One of my old portables, was big enough to incorporate a 7" screen, and
when it was used for more than about 10 minutes, it got hot enough to cook
a hot dog on. Just think, talk on the phone, browse the net, and cook
dinner all at the same time. :)
hehe

Michael Winter

tm said:
[snip]
[...] the 10%(?) who have js turned off [...]

The number will obviously vary based on your target audience. Every
one of your visitors might have it enabled, or a majority might not.
Who knows? However, it's likely that at least some section of your
audience might and you should really be able to accommodate them. As
Andy (sort of) said, don't make core functionality - especially
something as essential as navigation - dependent upon client-side
scripting.

[snip]
People without JS are used to pages not working.

But why should they? It's not impossible to produce a navigation
system that works both with, and without, client-side support.
"Designers" just seem intent on using badly-written tat that couldn't
be considered accessible in a million years.
They look for the alternative menu.

Though such things aren't always provided.

[snip]

Mike

the idiot

Michael Winter said:
tm said:
[...]

i have now provided some links for those who have js turned off. because i
am kind ho hum...

the idiot

Carolyn Marenger said:
If he thinks it's fab, then the first half of the work is done. Now you
just need to keep him thinking it's fab. :)
im not kissing him... no way.

the idiot

Carolyn Marenger said:
If a simple kiss would get a paycheck out of someone, I would consider it. :)
yeah i gave up on that ages ago... now i just turn up at their door crying.