Detecting password reset?

john_c

Using asp.net Membership, is there a way to detect a password reset so
that next time the user logs in, you can send them to the password
change page?

Thanks.

Guest

Not sure I completely understand the goal here. There is a change Password
control you can use, if that will help. When you use it, your password gets
changed on the spot.
Peter

john_c

Not sure I completely understand the goal here. There is a change Password
control you can use, if that will help. When you use it, your password gets
changed on the spot.

Yes, that is true but occurs after a password reset...at least in my
configuration. Here's what I do: The user forgets his password and
chooses to have it reset. This is a call to user.ResetPassword(). I
then email this temporary password to the user. They login with the
temp password. At that point, I want to show the PasswordChange
control. However, I need to know they requested the temp password.

I can manually setup fields in the database and code up the sprocs to
maintain this. I wondering though if asp.net already had some way to
tell you. Looking at the tables created by membership, it doesn't
appear to have that information stored anywhere.