Detecting (some? most?) undefined behavior

Noob

Hello everyone,

I've just stumbled upon this compiler project from UIUC (by way of
another post which, for some reason, I cannot find at the moment).

One of the main aims of this work is the ability to detect
undefined programs.

I thought some of you may be interested (as I was).

https://code.google.com/p/c-semantics/

Regards.

Shao Miller

Hello everyone,

I've just stumbled upon this compiler project from UIUC (by way of
another post which, for some reason, I cannot find at the moment).

One of the main aims of this work is the ability to detect
undefined programs.

I thought some of you may be interested (as I was).

https://code.google.com/p/c-semantics/

Pretty cool. If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
more grokkable. :)

Kenny McCormack

Pretty cool. If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
more grokkable. :)

What is it written in?

by the wise as foolish,
and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Ian Collins

Shao said:
Pretty cool. If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
more grokkable. :)

Maybe they were worried about introducing undefined behaviour.....

Nick Keighley

Pretty cool.  If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
more grokkable. :)

it didn't look very do-able in C. C isn't the only or even the most
expressive language there is!