    I thought some of you may be interested (as I was).

    https://code.google.com/p/c-semantics/

    Regards.

    Noob, Feb 26, 2013

  2. Noob

    Shao Miller Guest

    On 2/26/2013 05:11, Noob wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I've just stumbled upon this compiler project from UIUC (by way of
    > another post which, for some reason, I cannot find at the moment).
    >
    > One of the main aims of this work is the ability to detect
    > undefined programs.
    >
    > I thought some of you may be interested (as I was).
    >
    > https://code.google.com/p/c-semantics/

    Pretty cool. If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
    more grokkable. :)

    --
    - Shao Miller

    Cheerily," -- Richard Harter

    Shao Miller, Feb 26, 2013

  3. In article <kgif7m$eno$>,
    Shao Miller <> wrote:
    >On 2/26/2013 05:11, Noob wrote:
    >> Hello everyone,
    >>
    >> I've just stumbled upon this compiler project from UIUC (by way of
    >> another post which, for some reason, I cannot find at the moment).
    >>
    >> One of the main aims of this work is the ability to detect
    >> undefined programs.
    >>
    >> I thought some of you may be interested (as I was).
    >>
    >> https://code.google.com/p/c-semantics/
    >>

    >Pretty cool. If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
    >more grokkable. :)

    What is it written in?

    by the wise as foolish,
    and by the rulers as useful.

    (Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

    Kenny McCormack, Feb 26, 2013
  4. Noob

    Shao Miller Guest

    On 2/26/2013 10:37, Kenny McCormack wrote:
    > In article <kgif7m$eno$>,
    > Shao Miller <> wrote:
    >> On 2/26/2013 05:11, Noob wrote:
    >>> Hello everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I've just stumbled upon this compiler project from UIUC (by way of
    >>> another post which, for some reason, I cannot find at the moment).
    >>>
    >>> One of the main aims of this work is the ability to detect
    >>> undefined programs.
    >>>
    >>> I thought some of you may be interested (as I was).
    >>>
    >>> https://code.google.com/p/c-semantics/
    >>>

    >> Pretty cool. If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
    >> more grokkable. :)

    > What is it written in?

    It's called "K", I believe.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_(programming_language)

    --
    - Shao Miller

    Cheerily," -- Richard Harter

    Shao Miller, Feb 26, 2013
  5. Noob

    Shao Miller Guest

    On 2/26/2013 10:41, Shao Miller wrote:
    > On 2/26/2013 10:37, Kenny McCormack wrote:
    >> In article <kgif7m$eno$>,
    >> Shao Miller <> wrote:

    >>> Pretty cool. If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
    >>> more grokkable. :)

    >> What is it written in?
    >>

    > It's called "K", I believe.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_(programming_language)

    Or maybe not. This seems more relevant:

    http://k-framework.org/index.php/Main_Page

    --
    - Shao Miller

    Cheerily," -- Richard Harter

    Shao Miller, Feb 26, 2013
  6. Noob

    Noob Guest

    Noob, Feb 26, 2013
  7. Noob

    Ian Collins Guest

    Shao Miller wrote:
    > On 2/26/2013 05:11, Noob wrote:
    >> Hello everyone,
    >>
    >> I've just stumbled upon this compiler project from UIUC (by way of
    >> another post which, for some reason, I cannot find at the moment).
    >>
    >> One of the main aims of this work is the ability to detect
    >> undefined programs.
    >>
    >> I thought some of you may be interested (as I was).
    >>
    >> https://code.google.com/p/c-semantics/
    >>

    > Pretty cool. If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
    > more grokkable. :)

    Maybe they were worried about introducing undefined behaviour.....

    --
    Ian Collins

    Ian Collins, Feb 26, 2013
  8. On Feb 26, 2:02 pm, Shao Miller <> wrote:
    > On 2/26/2013 05:11, Noob wrote:
    >
    > > Hello everyone,

    > > I've just stumbled upon this compiler project from UIUC (by way of
    > > another post which, for some reason, I cannot find at the moment).

    > >    One of the main aims of this work is the ability to detect
    > >    undefined programs.

    > > I thought some of you may be interested (as I was).

    > >    https://code.google.com/p/c-semantics/

    > Pretty cool.  If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
    > more grokkable. :)

    it didn't look very do-able in C. C isn't the only or even the most
    expressive language there is!

    Nick Keighley, Mar 9, 2013
  9. On Feb 26, 3:41 pm, Shao Miller <> wrote:
    > On 2/26/2013 10:37, Kenny McCormack wrote:
    >

    > > In article <kgif7m$>,
    > > Shao Miller  <> wrote:

    > >> Pretty cool.  If only it was written in C, its source might be a bit
    > >> more grokkable. :)

    > > What is it written in?

    > It's called "K", I believe.
    >
    >    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_(programming_language)

    yuk. proprietary language

    Nick Keighley, Mar 9, 2013
  10. On Feb 26, 3:44 pm, Shao Miller <> wrote:
    > On 2/26/2013 10:41, Shao Miller wrote:
    >

    > > On 2/26/2013 10:37, Kenny McCormack wrote:

    > >> What is it written in?

    > > It's called "K", I believe.

    > >    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_(programming_language)

    > Or maybe not.  This seems more relevant:
    >
    >    http://k-framework.org/index.php/Main_Page

    ah that makes more sense (should learn not to fire off posts without
    reading the rest of the thread) I couldn't see how an array language
    with APL like semantics and used for writing databases was much cop at
    defining the semantics of C

    Nick Keighley, Mar 9, 2013