    hope I can find a way to achieve this in JavaScript.

    My warmest thanks!
    Gil

    Mortisus, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Mortisus

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > Hi all,
    > I need to find a way to run a piece of script whenever a new browser
    > window is created (either a new window spawned by pressing Ctrl+N, a
    > link that opens in a new window, a pop-up, etc.).

    AFAIK...

    You can't do that with javascript (MSIE).

    You need a COM add-on (VB, C#, etc) for IE.
    You would write an extension in Firefox using javascript.

    In both cases, it is something that the user has to install.

    ~kaeli~
    "When dogma enters the brain, all intellectual activity
    ceases" -- Robert Anton Wilson
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Mar 28, 2005