detecting whether an email has been sent on an ASP page

scamp

I have an ASP website which curently sends emails via CDONTS.
Sometimes emails are not getting sent and there is no way to detect
the error.

I would like to be able to log on a database that an email has been
sucsessfully sent or log an arror on a database if the email has
failed. One ways I have thought of is to call a VB.NET DLL which I
have written (I only have .NET not VB6!!). But i ma not sure how to
call a VB.NET DLL from an ASP page.

Anyone offer any suggestions

thanks

Mark Schupp

Do you mean that CDONTS fails to send the message or that the SMTP server
fails?
If CDONTS then you should get an error that you can trap in ASP.
If the SMTP server fails to send the message then you will need to check the
BADMAIL directory periodically (or you can have the SMTP server send you an
email on delivery failure).