Detecting which page opened current page, how?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, May 28, 2007.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    ASP.NET 2.0

    In my webproject I've created a page which contain a button. This page will
    be opened from 2 pages. This button must be invisible if the page it is
    placed on are opened from one of the 2 pages, When opened from the other
    page then it will be visible.

    So how do I know when to make this button invisible?

    I've tryed to set another parameter in the URL (GET), I added this to the
    URL &mode=0, which works great. But somehow I don't like it. It gives the
    user the impression that he can try mode=1 (which will change the content of
    the page)...

    Isn't there another way of doing it by using for example the Request class.
    Doesn't it contain info about what page called current page? I'm not sure
    about this!...

    Any suggestions?

    Jeff
    Jeff, May 28, 2007

  2. Jeff wrote:
    > ASP.NET 2.0
    >
    > In my webproject I've created a page which contain a button. This page will
    > be opened from 2 pages. This button must be invisible if the page it is
    > placed on are opened from one of the 2 pages, When opened from the other
    > page then it will be visible.
    >
    > So how do I know when to make this button invisible?
    >
    > I've tryed to set another parameter in the URL (GET), I added this to the
    > URL &mode=0, which works great. But somehow I don't like it. It gives the
    > user the impression that he can try mode=1 (which will change the content of
    > the page)...
    >
    > Isn't there another way of doing it by using for example the Request class.
    > Doesn't it contain info about what page called current page? I'm not sure
    > about this!...
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Jeff

    You could check the value in Request.UrlReferrer.

    --
    Göran Andersson
    _____
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, May 28, 2007

  3. If the 2 pages are also on you site, Request.UrlReferrer will point to them.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 28, 2007