Detection of unitialized member variables

toddel

Are there any compilers or 3rd party tools available that will detect
at compile time that a member variable has been declared but not
initialized? I know most compilers do this for local variables but we
are looking to detect member vars.

/Todd

mlimber

Are there any compilers or 3rd party tools available that will detect
at compile time that a member variable has been declared but not
initialized? I know most compilers do this for local variables but we
are looking to detect member vars.

/Todd

You may be able to get your compiler to do it by setting it at the
highest warning level, but there are several Lint programs that will do
that, too. PC-Lint/FlexeLint from Gimpel software (www.gimpel.com) are
a commercial example.

Cheers! --M

Greg

Are there any compilers or 3rd party tools available that will detect
at compile time that a member variable has been declared but not
initialized? I know most compilers do this for local variables but we
are looking to detect member vars.

/Todd

gcc 4.0 (and perhaps earlier versions) can issue such a warning.

Greg