    Is there a way to check from within the code which application pool is being
    used? I want to include the name of the current app pool in the tracing output.

    Thanks!
    Steve Lynch, Feb 1, 2007

  2. Since the application pool is already predetermined by the settings in IIS,
    you should already know this information.
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Feb 1, 2007

  3. Steve Lynch

    Steve Lynch Guest

    Thank you Captain Obvious. If you don't know the answer to a question then
    don't post a useless reply.

    I don't always have access to IIS Manager. If I'm not an administrator of
    the web server, or it is at a customer site behind a firewall and all I have
    access to is port 80 or 443 I would like an easy way to get this app pool
    included in trace outputs and log files.

    "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Steve Lynch, Feb 4, 2007
  4. Thanks for the compliment, First Mate Oblivious! A quick search on google
    would have shown that my buddy and fellow MVP Rick Strahl has a solution to
    your issue:

    http://west-wind.com/WebLog/posts/10181.aspx

    Cheers,
    Peter

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Feb 4, 2007