Determine availability of JScript and Cookies

Nick Goloborodko

Hi,

For the purposes of my application, i need to determine is the client side
browser had JavaScript and cookies enabled. How do i go about this? Is
there a way to do this with the first request? I.e. determine if JavaScript
is turned on *before* the first page is displayed to the user?

Any feed back will be appreciated.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nick,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
As for this question, I've also seen your another thread "Detecting
Javascript"
in this group. As many other community members and MVP has mentioned, on
the initial request, we can only get some information from the Request
object's HttpBrowserCapabilities member. However, these info only indicate
whether the client browser support JS or COOKIE, but not sure if the client
user has manually disabled them. So if we want to get the actual status of
the clientside browser, we have to perform an additional roundtrip to
client to do the check. If you have any further questions, please feel free
to post here or in that thread.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support