Determine Header Size

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Tom B, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. Tom B

    Tom B Guest

    hello all,

    Our central site has set up a VPN for us so we can access our network from
    home.

    Unfortunately, our Intranet won't come up.

    We've been told it is because the Intrusion Prevention System on the
    firewall is blocking it because the headers are too large.

    How can I determine how large the headers are?

    Would it be the total of all of the Request.ServerVariables?

    They tell me the default settings are 2000 bytes. Which seems awfully small
    to me.

    Thanks for any suggestions

    Tom B

    Tom B, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Tom B wrote:
    > Our central site has set up a VPN for us so we can access our network
    > from home.
    >
    > Unfortunately, our Intranet won't come up.
    >
    > We've been told it is because the Intrusion Prevention System on the
    > firewall is blocking it because the headers are too large.

    Request headers or response headers?

    > How can I determine how large the headers are?

    This is what I use:
    http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Tom B

    Tom B Guest

    I assume Request headers as the firewall is responding.

    I'll take a look at the link you sent.

    Thanks

    Tom B, Jun 30, 2005