Determine PageLayout programatically

Tim Pacl

I am building a custom server control. I need to
determine whether the page the custom control resides in
is in flow layout or grid layout. Because I am doing this
from the server control, I need to determine this
programatically.

Any help is appreciated.

Marina

I dont' think this is possible. The layout mode of the page is really just
for the designer. It determines whether the resulting html will have
absolute positioning (i.e. specify the location of every element), or if it
will just have the elements on the page, and they will be rendered as layed
out.

There is only a directive in the .aspx for design time support that let's
VS.NET which mode you are in - it is irrelevant as far as the browser is
concerned.