Determine the index of the datarow in the datagrid when using hyperlinkcolumn

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by debiken, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. debiken

    debiken Guest

    I have an aspx page that loads a datagrid from a fairly
    complex query. It grabs lots of order information but I
    only display part of it on this "order summary" page. The
    order number is a hyperlinkcolumn which opens a new
    window, and that page displays much more order detail (but
    from the same datatable as the original datagrid is bound
    to...trying to save another trip to the DB). I am caching
    the datatable, and want to populate the detail window with
    that data, but don't know the table row. I can't get an
    event to fire, onItemCommand never takes off on a
    hyperlink, even if I use a TemplateColumn with an anchor
    tag in the ItemTemplate and bind the data using the
    container.DataItem method. Anyone know of a way to get
    this table row on a hyperlink click? (I have tried using
    the Container.DataItem as well, and can't get the row
    index out of it...). Any help or ideas are greatly
    appreciated!

    debiken, Nov 17, 2003