Determining Cause of Errors in VB.NET WEB Application

daniel

I'm devloping a Web Application in VB.NET. In my web.config file I have
specified that untrapped errors are to be sent to the page "errorpage.aspx".
This is working fine - if an untrapped error occurs the application is
indeed routed to this page.

On this page I would like to determine the cause of the error and either log
it in a file or send it to me via e-mail.

I am able to determine the page that sent me there from the URL parameter
"aspxerrorpath" - I would also like to be able to determine what went
wrong - or at least a line number where the failure occured.

I have the following code that I have seen in a vb.net web programming book:

dim appException as system.exception = server.getlasterror

This always returns a NULL value - no help at all!

Does anyone know how to determine the cause of an error when you have been
routed to the error page specified in the web.config file? I hope that its
possible to determine more than just the page that caused the error.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Juan T. Llibre

Are you also known as "Fred" ?

See
http://www.error-bank.com/[email protected]_Thread.aspx

Your message is eerily similar to Fred's message,
even down to the misspelling of "devloping".

*That "Fred" said that
"I did get a response that may solve my issue from that group!"

Please don't pull our chains, OK ?

Either you're "daniel" or you're "Fred".
Don't waste our time here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

If you have any legitimate questions,
don't hesitate to ask them here.