    not the browsers position as it relates to the screen.

    Any help will be appreciated

    CES
    CES, Feb 5, 2004

  2. CES

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > All,
    > Is their a way of finding the position of the browsers top-left-hand-corner
    > as it relates to the monitors screen resolution?? By that I mean that if the
    > browser's window is at the upper most left hand corner of the screen, the X
    > aces would equal 0 and the Y aces would equal 0.
    >
    > The references I've been able to find refer only to the browser itself and
    > not the browsers position as it relates to the screen.
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated

    Not in a cross-browser, cross-platform way, no. Is this for an intranet
    or Windows application?

    And the word is axis, not aces. An ace is a playing card. :)

    /grammar nazi

    ~kaeli~
    If that phone was up your a$$, maybe you could drive a
    little better!
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Feb 6, 2004

  3. CES

    DU Guest

    Re: Determining the position of the browser in relationship to thescreen

    CES wrote:

    > All,
    > Is their a way of finding the position of the browsers top-left-hand-corner
    > as it relates to the monitors screen resolution?? By that I mean that if the
    > browser's window is at the upper most left hand corner of the screen, the X
    > aces would equal 0 and the Y aces would equal 0.
    >
    > The references I've been able to find refer only to the browser itself and
    > not the browsers position as it relates to the screen.
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated
    >
    > CES

    There are browser incompatibilities; also even different implementations
    of the same properties from browser to browser.

    http://www10.brinkster.com/doctorunclear/HTMLJavascriptCSS/ScreenXYComparedScreenLeftTop.html

    In real webpage situation, you should not need to use these properties
    anyway. I'm sure there would be a workaround for what you are trying to
    achieve.

    DU
    DU, Feb 6, 2004
  4. CES

    CES Guest

    Thanks,

    DU your solution worked, unfortunate the reference I found, before my post
    and spent a couple of hours trying to implement, was the wrong syntax.

    Unfortunately I'm just anal about the way thank look and happen on my site.

    Thanks Again.
    CES

    CES, Feb 6, 2004