Dev-C++ and DevPak files, mxWindows

Michael Loggel

Hello,

- can I use .DevPak files also with Dev-C++ 4, or must it be the version 5
(beta, i.e. 4.9.8.4 etc.) ?

- Has anybody experience with mxWindows? should I use the devPak 2.2.9
linked from the Dev-C++ homepage, or the version 2.4.2 from
"http://www.malteser-gl.de/_upcase/"?

Has anybody a better suggestion?

I want to program windows applications in a decent programming environment,
the tools should be completly free (not like LCC licence, where I have to
pay later on if I want to sell some of my SW [even though this is very
unlikely ;-) ]). And I want few effort if I later want to port the program
form Windows to Linux.

Thats why, after some googling, I thought that Dev-C++ with mxWindows is the
best combination. Any other opinions?

I am a beginner in Windows-Programming, so I thought I am starting learing
mxWindows instead of the Win32 API, for the reasons above. Does that make
sense?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Jack Klein

Hello,

- can I use .DevPak files also with Dev-C++ 4, or must it be the version 5
(beta, i.e. 4.9.8.4 etc.) ?

This has to do with your compiler, not anything that is part of the
C++ language. Check the relevant web site, or see if there are any
mailing lists for your compiler.
- Has anybody experience with mxWindows? should I use the devPak 2.2.9
linked from the Dev-C++ homepage, or the version 2.4.2 from
"http://www.malteser-gl.de/_upcase/"?

mxWindows is some sort of third-party library, not part of the
standard C++ language, so it is off-topic here.
Has anybody a better suggestion?

Find a newsgroup where these things are topical. None of them is a
C++ language issue.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com