Develop J2EE applications with IDEA

Discussion in 'Java' started by Godofredo, Dec 14, 2007.

  1. Godofredo

    Godofredo Guest

    Hi, folks!
    Please forgive any misspelling, or grammar mistakes, English is not my
    mother tongue.

    I'm somehow a rookie in Java; I started using Java last February. When
    the time came, I chose JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA as IDE. Everything was
    fine, till I went to develop J2EE applications. Then, I have a few
    questions:
    1. Has IDEA any way to mimic what NetBeans does, where you can develop
    the entire J2EE application and deploy it, and so on, with a few
    clicks?
    2. Where can I get a DETAILED step by step tutorial in how to develop
    J2EE apps using IDEA? I mean DETAILED because IDEA help is "step by
    step", but nothing works exactly as they say.

    As to now, I'm using IDEA 6.0, SDK 6, J2EE SDK 4 & 5 (Sun Application
    Server 8.1 & 9.1), and I have to code in Idea and deploy the
    application "outside".

    Please, be kind and lend a hand here. I'm tired of my fellows
    programmers mocking at my decision of IDEA and making wisecracks about
    switching to NetBeans.

    Best wishes

    Alex G.

    Godofredo, Dec 14, 2007