    think one web project developing by more than one developer is very common.
    How to solve this issue or do I need to change the development approach??

    Million Thanks.
    Grey, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Hi Grey,

    In IIS 5, only one developer can debug on a machine at a time. That's the
    way it works.

    In IIS 6, there seems to be a way (haven't tried it) to have multiple debug
    sessions but it looks messy:

    HOW TO: Set Up Multiple User Debugging in Internet Information Services
    (IIS) 6.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817265

    However, in your scenario, I'd recommend using Visual SourceSafe to handle
    the version control. Each developer checks in buildable code and gets the
    latest version when necessary. They each code and debug locally on their
    workstations so they don't interfere with each other. That's far more
    productive.

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 28, 2004

  3. Grey,
    On my team, we all have a development environment set up on our boxes.
    We share the source code through VSS, but we don't have a shared development
    server. Each of our machines is a development server, and we can get
    changes in other code by getting the latest from VSS. Then for integration
    testing, we build from VSS to another development server. When I debug, I'm
    actually connected to my own machine running IIS.

    Best regards,
    Jeffrey Palermo

    Jeffrey Palermo [MCP], Jun 28, 2004
  4. Grey