Developer needed for Open Source Django/Pinax on-line community

Discussion in 'Python' started by synarcane, Feb 13, 2009.

  1. synarcane

    synarcane Guest

    The Hub is a global community of innovators from every profession,
    background and culture working at 'new frontiers' to tackle the
    world's
    most pressing social, cultural and environmental challenges. The Hub
    has over 1000 members hotdesking in stunning spaces around the world.
    The Hub aims to give its members the tools and resources they need to
    take their ideas from inception to scale. To this end we are building
    an
    Open Source online platform to enable Hub members to collaborate
    virtually. We have identified Pinax as the platform for building this
    over the next few months.

    The Hub+ team is the team which provides technology to Hubs globally.
    We
    are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Python programmer to
    work on a Django/Pinax project in a team committed to Open Source
    software and open innovation. If you are interested in inspiring
    initiatives and enjoy working in an innovative environment we'd like
    you
    to join our small team to help build the Hub's ambitious technical
    infrastructure.

    There will be plenty of opportunities to get involved in other
    cutting
    edge technical projects with The Hub including real-time comet based
    services, network visualisation, collaborative real-time mind-
    mapping,
    guided navigation, VOIP triggering, and video messaging.

    Required
    - Experienced Python developer
    - Knowledge of Django development
    - Javascript
    - Basic HTML/CSS
    - Based in London (or willing to move)

    Preferred*
    - Experience in Pinax
    - JQuery / YUI
    - Active in Open Source communities
    - Interest in open innovation
    - Twisted
    - Comet / Orbited

    Please send an e-mail by 23rd February 2009, to synnove.fredericks@the-
    hub.net, with some samples of your work, your CV and tell us why you
    are interested in joining us.

    synarcane, Feb 13, 2009