Developer Wanted

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Kingsley, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Developer Wanted

    Please forgive me for writing uninvited.

    For a simple, small but innovative new software product. The core concept
    is fully developed and documented. The product could be written in any
    language although it must be maintainable, extensible, efficient and
    accurate. My ideal developer will have real-time systems skills and know
    how to write an ODBC driver. The project is most likely to suit an
    entrepreneurial developer looking for a marketing partner. I expect core
    product development to take less than 100 days. Target revenues are very
    big.

    Please email me directly if you are interested in this project.

    Andrew
    Andrew Kingsley, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Andrew Kingsley

    Harald Hein Guest

    "Andrew Kingsley" wrote:

    > The project is most likely to suit an
    > entrepreneurial developer looking for a marketing partner.

    In other words, you are looking for an idiot working for penuts or free
    while you wear the suit and tie and play the big boss and bussines man,
    driving a German sports car.
    Harald Hein, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Andrew Kingsley

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 29 Aug 2003 05:24:53 GMT, Harald Hein <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >> The project is most likely to suit an
    >> entrepreneurial developer looking for a marketing partner.

    >In other words, you are looking for an idiot working for penuts or free
    >while you wear the suit and tie and play the big boss and bussines man,
    >driving a German sports car.

    Did you ask the guy what the deal was before leaping to this
    conclusion? Perhaps he is willing to put up substantial marketing
    bucks, perhaps some up front money to the programmer.

    I wrote CurrCon which displays prices on web pages in the reader's
    home currency, without requiring any server side code. I sold a grand
    total of ZERO copies. However, the lawyer from Oanda, where I was
    getting my daily exchange rates heard about it and wrote and told me
    to desist.

    I wrote a bulk emailer that is much simpler to use that the
    traditional ones. I sold a grand total of two copies.

    I worked a multiuser spreadsheet bean that did all kinds of marvelous
    things. The catch was there was no money to market it.

    Perhaps marketing guys to help is not such a totally dumb idea.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Aug 29, 2003
  4. Andrew Kingsley

    Virgil Green Guest

    "Roedy Green" <> wrote in message
    > On 29 Aug 2003 05:24:53 GMT, Harald Hein <> wrote or
    > quoted :
    >
    > >> The project is most likely to suit an
    > >> entrepreneurial developer looking for a marketing partner.

    > >In other words, you are looking for an idiot working for penuts or free
    > >while you wear the suit and tie and play the big boss and bussines man,
    > >driving a German sports car.

    > Did you ask the guy what the deal was before leaping to this
    > conclusion? Perhaps he is willing to put up substantial marketing
    > bucks, perhaps some up front money to the programmer.
    >
    > I wrote CurrCon which displays prices on web pages in the reader's
    > home currency, without requiring any server side code. I sold a grand
    > total of ZERO copies. However, the lawyer from Oanda, where I was
    > getting my daily exchange rates heard about it and wrote and told me
    > to desist.

    Purely out of curiosity... did he demand that you desist because you were
    using their exchange rates or because it was competing with their product?

    http://www.oanda.com/products/fxcommerce/quickconvert.shtml
    Virgil Green, Aug 29, 2003