Developing a SQL Query tool in ASP.NET

Guest

Hello All

I am trying to find some information on how to design/develop a SQL Query tool embedded in an ASP.NET web application
What I would like to have is a tool that helps a user write SQL statements that are in turn used to query a database. The results of the query will then be displayed in a DataGrid. I'd like the tool to help the user write the query (similar to a Query By Example tool). I currently have a web app that allows a user to directly enter a SQL statement in text box and then the user can click a button and execute that query and display the results in a DataGrid.

I'm sure someone has already (or tried to develop) developed a tool like this to embed in a web application. I've searched
the Internet for while now and haven't found any good examples yet. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on wher
to find info on developing a tool like this

Thank
Donnie

Kevin Spencer

You're talking about a dangerous web app there. How do you prevent a user
from typing, for example, a DROP TABLE statement in your text box and
destroying your database?

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Donnie said:
Hello All-

I am trying to find some information on how to design/develop a SQL Query
tool embedded in an ASP.NET web application.
What I would like to have is a tool that helps a user write SQL statements
that are in turn used to query a database. The results of the query will
then be displayed in a DataGrid. I'd like the tool to help the user write
the query (similar to a Query By Example tool). I currently have a web app
that allows a user to directly enter a SQL statement in text box and then
the user can click a button and execute that query and display the results
in a DataGrid.
I'm sure someone has already (or tried to develop) developed a tool like
this to embed in a web application. I've searched
the Internet for while now and haven't found any good examples yet. Does
anyone have any ideas/suggestions on where