developing ASP.NET/Webservices without local IIS

Guest

Hi guys, my company was wondering if it's possible to develop
ASP.NET/Webservices easily using a IIS installed on a server instead of
installing IIS locally on the development boxes. Can you develop for
ASP.NET/Webservices without IIS installed on your local box without having to
resort to more difficult debugging or using notepad for development?

Thanks for the help!!

Marina

I don't see how you could ever invoke your webservices without IIS.

The only way, would be to have the web service just be a wrapper for methods
in a DLL. And then you can test by having a winform or console app call this
dll's method during testing.

Guest

Neither do I, but I promised them I'd double check in the groups before
giving them a definite no. :)

gabe garza

Yes you can.
Remember, a web service can be on any computer, it doesn't have to stay on
your development computer.

gabe garza

Hi guys, my company was wondering if it's possible to develop
If you're not going to develop .NET web applications then you don't need IIS
installed on THAT computer.
Where ever you install a NET Web Service or a .NET Web Application that
computer must have IIS and the .NET runtime.

If you develop a .NET application that's not WEB Based, then you only need
the .NET runtime on that computer.