developing asp with Access database open

Nicolae Fieraru

Hi All,

I have some asp pages which use a local Access database. I want to add
different records to the database and also to be able to browse the page.
When the database is open in MS Access, I can't open the asp pages, because
I get an error (Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005) Could not use '';
file already in use.)

I wonder if there is a way of being able to read records from the database
in an asp script while the database is open in Access.

Regards,
Nicolae

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Nicolae Fieraru said:
Hi All,

I have some asp pages which use a local Access database. I want to add
different records to the database and also to be able to browse the page.
When the database is open in MS Access, I can't open the asp pages, because
I get an error (Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005) Could not use '';
file already in use.)

I wonder if there is a way of being able to read records from the database
in an asp script while the database is open in Access.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

Nicolae Fieraru

Thank you Tom,

The link was useful, I did some reading and now it works fine

My database is located in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebs\db

I had to set the security for IUSR_SERVERNAME to full control and now I can
view the page and have the Access database opened in Access at the same time

Best regards,
Nicolae