    in an asp script while the database is open in Access.

    Regards,
    Nicolae
    Nicolae Fieraru, Mar 29, 2005

  2. "Nicolae Fieraru" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have some asp pages which use a local Access database. I want to add
    > different records to the database and also to be able to browse the page.
    > When the database is open in MS Access, I can't open the asp pages,

    because
    > I get an error (Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005) Could not use

    '';

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Mar 29, 2005

  3. Thank you Tom,

    The link was useful, I did some reading and now it works fine

    My database is located in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebs\db

    I had to set the security for IUSR_SERVERNAME to full control and now I can
    view the page and have the Access database opened in Access at the same time

    Best regards,
    Nicolae

    Nicolae Fieraru, Mar 30, 2005