Developing auction site?

VMI

Where can I find information (books/links/webcasts, etc) that'll give me the
basic architecture of developing a site? It won't have all of the advanced
functionality of sites such as ebay, but it would include the basic
functionality of an auction site: the user registration, real-time auctioning
or buying of the item, posting items, payment of item purchased/listing made,
feedback, departments and categories, etc...

Are there any books or links asp.net that deal mainly with developing an
auction site and the database structure for something like this? Or would it
be better to purchase an application package?

Thanks.

mskarthimail