developing from a different non trusted domain

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by matro, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. matro

    matro Guest

    hi there,

    I'd like to develop from a workstation connected to another windows
    domain, not trusted with the one containing the IIS server.

    when I define a new asp.net project, or connect to an existing one,
    vs.net is not able to access the shared wwwroot$ folder.

    I suppose it cannot because there are no sufficient credentials, as
    there's no valid user to impersonate.

    I wonder if there's a setting somewhere to tell vs.net to use a
    specific identity (giving DOMAIN\user and password), such as when you
    connect to a shared folder as a logical drive in Windows Explorer and
    the like.

    can you help?

    --------

    Francesco "Matro" Martire

    available at www.realpopup.it:
    RealPopup, the freeware winpopup replacer
    RealAccount, freeware plugin for MS Outlook XP
    MaTreo, freeware frontscreen for your Treo and PalmOS devices
    matro, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Hello Francesco,
    Unfortunately, this is not going to work.
    Thank you, John Soulis
    Microsoft, ASP.NET

    John Soulis [MSFT], Oct 23, 2003