Developing .NET Custom Web Control for use in ASP & ASP.NET pages

Srikar

I am writing some .NET Custom Web Controls like menu bar.
I want those controls to be used both in ASP & ASP.NET
pages. Is it possible to write an Interop wrapper so that
ASP applications can aswell use the .NET custom web
controls? Any pros & cons with this approach ?

Thanks,
Srikar

Brock Allen

You're looking at two different architectures. This is almost like saying
you want to use the same menu control for ASP.NET and PHP. So one possible
approach would be to factor out the common menu stuff into something that
can be chared, such as a client side include and then do the work in the
browser.