Development best practices

Pablo

Hello all,

Hope today finds you well.
I'm looking to take my knowledge of best practices within the
development lifecycle to the next level.

Basically I want to follow industry recognised, Microsoft approved
practices for every aspect of the lifecycle - so planning and
architecture, team development, testing procedures, change control and
bug-tracking, version control - etc etc. What software to use, which
practices to follow etc.

I was hoping some of you may be able to point me in the right direction
with regards to literature / articles / experience?

This would be a great help.

Many thanks,
Pablo.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Provided you are in .NET, a good place to start, architecture wise, is the
patterns and practices site:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/patterns

The MSDN site, overall, is a good portal. There are plenty of links to blogs
that cover many of the topics you desire. Getting a good RSS aggregator is a
good idea for culling through the blogs.