    In short, should we consider developing with 2003 rather than XP to ensure that our environment is consistent

    Thanks for any and all input

    Tod

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9k?=, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Primarily, you have to realize the machine is locked down a lot more. If you
    are not doing anything strange security wise, you should not have any
    problems. I use Windows Server 2003 for my sites.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!
    "Tod" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Our production IIS and Web Services are running on 2003 boxes. We develop

    with XP Professional, with the web sites/services running locally. In that
    IIS made major changes from 2000 to 2003, are there any issues that we need
    to be aware of? In addition to a web server and web services, we are also
    making use of MSMQ for messaging.

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP], Apr 7, 2004

  3. I use it too, and it's great! Had to do some security tweaking, esp. with
    Internet Explorer, but I love this Operating System!

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) [MVP]" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Thanks for your input (Gregory and Kevin).

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9k?=, Apr 7, 2004