Development on 98 possible at all?

Ekkehard Kraemer

Hello,

the current SDK doesn't install on Win 98SE; is there any way at all any
development can take place on Win 98? I'd just like to get a little view at
it, and trying things out; not enough to warrant buying/installing a new
version. It wouldn't matter if certain non-essential parts would not work
or could not be used.

Thanks for any help,
Ekkehard

William Ryan

Don't think so....even the base version of VB.NET supports ASP.NET which
can't be done on 98 b/c of the IIS issue.

We looked before and it ain't happening from waht we found. However, you
can run .Net on 98.

Cheers.

Bill

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

If you want to evaluate .NET Development, one option is to try the online
trial for Visual Studio
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/tryit/

With this eval, you don't actually install VS on your machine, you run a
terminal server (I think) and run VS remotely.

I don't know of a way to install and try the SDK on Win98.
Borrow the machine of a friend or colleague?

-D