Development Over VPN

Frank Bishop

I have Visual Studio and SQL Tools on my local PC. I have a friend
across town who has a public Web server which is also a SQL Server (low
traffic sales staff site).

Could I push out my Visual Studio.Net apps to his Web server in addition
write against his SQL Server if he allows me to join his VPN? Or would I
definitely just need to install VS.Net at his site?

This all seems doable somehow, but I would like to get some direction.

Thanks,
Frank

Guest

Hi Frank,

VS.NET is not required to be in stalled in his site. Just .NET Framework is
requiared to bethere to run your applications there.

Cheers,

Jerome. M

Frank Bishop

Thanks, I just have one more question regarding this. I currently have a
drive mapped to the VPN location I want to put my app (their wwwroot
directory). Now if I want to add datasets to my application, I think I
should be able to connect with their SQL Server by using Server Explorer
right?

What is the best way to do this considering my VPN situation? Help
appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank