development speed of struts is low?

cmk128

Hi
When i change my action class, struct-config.xml, i need to
restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development speed. How to fix
this problem?
thanks
from Peter ([email protected])

Lew

When i [sic] change my action class, struct-config.xml,

That's not a class, much less an action class. It's the Struts configuration
file, what you might call a "deployment descriptor".
i [sic] need to restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development speed. How to fix
this problem?

Don't restart Tomcat, undeploy and redeploy the app, perhaps using the Tomcat
manager application. It can be done programmatically, say through an Ant task.

Some IDEs will automate that redeployment action for you.

Richard Reynolds

Lew said:
When i [sic] change my action class, struct-config.xml,

That's not a class, much less an action class. It's the Struts
configuration file, what you might call a "deployment descriptor".
i [sic] need to restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development
speed. How to fix
this problem?

Don't restart Tomcat, undeploy and redeploy the app, perhaps using the
Tomcat manager application. It can be done programmatically, say through
an Ant task.

Some IDEs will automate that redeployment action for you.

weblogic has an "auto deploy" directory, simply pop in your new ear and it
detects the change and deploys if for you, maybe Tomcat has somethng
similar?

cmk128

When i [sic] change my action class, struct-config.xml,
That's not a class, much less an action class. It's the Struts
configuration file, what you might call a "deployment descriptor".
i [sic] need to restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development
speed. How to fix
this problem?
Don't restart Tomcat, undeploy and redeploy the app, perhaps using the
Tomcat manager application. It can be done programmatically, say through
an Ant task.
Some IDEs will automate that redeployment action for you.

weblogic has an "auto deploy" directory, simply pop in your new ear and it
detects the change and deploys if for you, maybe Tomcat has somethng
similar?

I used JBuilder, when i press the play button, it will deploy, but it
is still slow.
thank you for the answers
from Peter