    thanks
    from Peter ()
    , Oct 25, 2007

  2. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > When i [sic] change my action class, struct-config.xml,

    That's not a class, much less an action class. It's the Struts configuration
    file, what you might call a "deployment descriptor".

    > i [sic] need to restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development speed. How to fix
    > this problem?

    Don't restart Tomcat, undeploy and redeploy the app, perhaps using the Tomcat
    manager application. It can be done programmatically, say through an Ant task.

    Some IDEs will automate that redeployment action for you.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Oct 25, 2007

  3. "Lew" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> When i [sic] change my action class, struct-config.xml,

    > That's not a class, much less an action class. It's the Struts
    > configuration file, what you might call a "deployment descriptor".
    >
    >> i [sic] need to restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development
    >> speed. How to fix
    >> this problem?

    > Don't restart Tomcat, undeploy and redeploy the app, perhaps using the
    > Tomcat manager application. It can be done programmatically, say through
    > an Ant task.
    >
    > Some IDEs will automate that redeployment action for you.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    weblogic has an "auto deploy" directory, simply pop in your new ear and it
    detects the change and deploys if for you, maybe Tomcat has somethng
    similar?
    Richard Reynolds, Oct 26, 2007

    On 10 26 , 7 01 , "Richard Reynolds" <>
    wrote:
    > "Lew" <> wrote in message

    > > wrote:
    > >> When i [sic] change my action class, struct-config.xml,

    > > That's not a class, much less an action class. It's the Struts
    > > configuration file, what you might call a "deployment descriptor".

    > >> i [sic] need to restart tomcat, it will highlt affect my development
    > >> speed. How to fix
    > >> this problem?

    > > Don't restart Tomcat, undeploy and redeploy the app, perhaps using the
    > > Tomcat manager application. It can be done programmatically, say through
    > > an Ant task.

    > > Some IDEs will automate that redeployment action for you.

    > > --
    > > Lew

    > weblogic has an "auto deploy" directory, simply pop in your new ear and it
    > detects the change and deploys if for you, maybe Tomcat has somethng
    > similar?

    I used JBuilder, when i press the play button, it will deploy, but it
    is still slow.
    thank you for the answers
    from Peter
    , Oct 26, 2007
  5. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > I used JBuilder, when i press the play button, it will deploy, but it
    > is still slow.

    How slow, exactly?

    --
    Lew