Development Tools! Everyone!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Adam J Knight, Mar 11, 2006.

  1. Hi all,

    Just a quick enquiry to all gurus out there. And the general developer
    community out there..

    At the moment my little toolkit for developing web applications consists of
    :
    1) Dreamweaver
    2) Visual Studio 2003
    3) SQL Server 2000
    4) MySql

    Unfortunately i don't get a lot of exposure to other developers through my
    work, so collaberative learning and sharing is minimal.

    Just wondering what everyone elses tool kits look like.

    Including tools to enhance:
    1) Productivity
    2) Quality
    3) Version Control\
    4) Speed of development
    5) Efficiency
    6) Professionalism
    7) Testing
    8) Reliability
    9) Scalability ect..

    As of late i have come accross Red Gates SQL Compare & Data Compare which is
    useful.
    I have also heard faint wispers of tools like Code Smith & Subversion???

    What is my tool kit missing, for serious development?

    Are there any developer websites that should be in my library???

    Cheers,
    Adam
    Adam J Knight, Mar 11, 2006

  2. resharper or CodeRush for visual studio 2003/5

    Almost all tools by Red-Gate (red-gate.com) especially if you need a
    profiler or better SQL tools

    SourceGear for version control and bug tracking

    reflector and snipet compiler for saving yourself headaches and asking fewer
    questions here ;)

    Karl
    --
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl Seguin [MVP], Mar 11, 2006

  3. My Tools
    Notepad, gifworks, paint, photomorph, Visual Studio 2005 Standard, Visual
    Studio 2003 Professional, Visual Studio 6.0 Professional scripting edition
    Interdev javascript editor, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server
    Management Studio, perfmon, sysmon, IIS Manager, xmlspy

    I use snippets for comments and have a class that contains shared methods,
    functions, etc. Almost everything I find usefull in a snippet goes into this
    class. Saw first hand the maintenence nightmares copying code did to large
    COBOL environments.

    DWS

    =?Utf-8?B?RFdT?=, Mar 11, 2006