Developping a web browser under Linux Mandrake 9.1 : i need help !!

Clément

Hello, i'm new to c++ and to linux, i have to develop a full web browser.
I don't really know how to start and i'd like to know if any of you would
have some kind of
working plan/structure in mind. I was thinking of using the GTK+ library ,
is it a good idea??
What's more i have to program an HTML interpretor, maybe an image loader,
and if i have time,
a javascript compilator. Any idea to help me begin that projet ???

Thank you,
Clement.

Rolf Magnus

Clément said:
Hello, i'm new to c++ and to linux, i have to develop a full web
browser. I don't really know how to start and i'd like to know if any
of you would have some kind of
working plan/structure in mind. I was thinking of using the GTK+
library , is it a good idea??
What's more i have to program an HTML interpretor, maybe an image
loader, and if i have time,
a javascript compilator. Any idea to help me begin that projet ???

A project like this will need a _lot_ of work. Most web browsers needed
years of development by dozens of programmers before they became really
useful. And those develepers typically were _not_ beginners at
programming in C++ or programming for the target OS. I'd say you will
need at least two years of learning to become good enough for even
starting.
I don't want to discourage you, and I know one doesn't want to start
with "boring" stuff, but for a beginning project, a web browser is far
too huge.