Develping a good scheduler for ARINC transmission... advice needed

LongBow

Hello all,

I have been working on my first embedded project which has been exciting and
stressfull at the same time. My task now is to develop a good scheduler for
transmitting ARINC labels. There is about 180 labels that go out over the bus.
Each label has a transmission rate of 10 ms to 1000 ms or higher. I need to
develop a good scheduler so that each label goes out at their respective
transmission rate so they don't time out. I need the scheduler to be
deterministic and flexible. Does anyone have any advice or examples on writing
a scheduler for this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mark

dbtid

LongBow said:
Hello all,

I have been working on my first embedded project which has been exciting and
stressfull at the same time. My task now is to develop a good scheduler for
transmitting ARINC labels. There is about 180 labels that go out over the bus.
Each label has a transmission rate of 10 ms to 1000 ms or higher. I need to
develop a good scheduler so that each label goes out at their respective
transmission rate so they don't time out. I need the scheduler to be
deterministic and flexible. Does anyone have any advice or examples on writing
a scheduler for this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mark

Your post is offtopic to c.l.c.
C knows nothing of ARINC, ARINC labels, schedulers, transmission,
reception, etc etc ad nauseum.

c.l.c. is about the C language, not algorithms or such.

mrhicks

The scheduler in this case is geared for arinc, but I was looking for
information on creating a scheduler just in general. What newsgroup
would be appropriate for asking a question regarding creating a
flexible scheduler?

Mark

CBFalconer

mrhicks said:
The scheduler in this case is geared for arinc, but I was looking
for information on creating a scheduler just in general. What
newsgroup would be appropriate for asking a question regarding
creating a flexible scheduler?

Don't toppost. Do snip. Your answer belongs after, or intermixed
with, the quoted material after removing anything not germane to
your comments. Doing otherwise gets you yelled at and/or ignored
in most comp.* newsgroups, and many others.

What is a scheduler? What is an arinc? These terms have no
meaning in the C language. After you define them find a newsgroup
that deals with those subjects.

Mark McIntyre

The scheduler in this case is geared for arinc, but I was looking for
information on creating a scheduler just in general. What newsgroup
would be appropriate for asking a question regarding creating a
flexible scheduler?

Well, CLC is not the place to ask where some offtopic subject might be
topical. Thats typically for the poster to work out for themselves, even
tho that seems harsh.

For myself, I'd guess at comp.programming since its a general programming
issue, or a platform-specific group since your system may have some useful
nonportable extensions that support scheduling.

And please don't top post.