Device Capability Not Found

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Don Miller, Jul 11, 2006.

  1. Don Miller

    Don Miller Guest

    I'm trying to use the <DeviceSpecific><Choice> construct in a mobile web
    control which is consequently used in a web mobile form; the web mobile form
    is in a sub-directory because the same site is used for desktop and mobile
    content.

    I'm trying to use an Evaluator Delegate type of device filter. The method is
    in a separate .dll referenced in the web app. The declaration of the filter
    is in the root web.config file (there's a separate web.config for the desktop
    content and the mobile content in addition to the root web.config). The Type
    is declared as "MobileDeviceFilters.MobileDevice, MobileDeviceFilters" and
    the method is "IsPPC".

    7 hours into this now, I still get "Can find neither a device capability
    named "IsAPocketPC" nor a public non-static method on the page named
    "isAPocketPC" that returns a system.boolean". The method is indeed public
    static bool.

    I've tried moving the filter declaration to the local web.config but that
    didn't work.

    What am I missing?

    Thanks!
    Don Miller, Jul 11, 2006

  2. Don Miller

    Don Miller Guest

    UPDATE: I've figured out (I think) that the error is due to the fully
    qualified assembly name in the Type arg of the filter declaration in
    web.config; I'm able to get compare filters to work just fine. I'm using a
    ..dll with the namespace MobileDeviceFilters and the class name MobileDevice,
    so I'm using 'MobileDeviceFilters.MobileDevice, MobileDeviceFilters' as the
    type argument and the name of the method without parens as the method
    argument. However I still get the error as described below.

    Thanks!

    Don Miller, Jul 12, 2006